Tinto Fino From Ribera del Duero

Two weeks ago now we had a wine tasting that was all about Spanish wines. I had been looking forward to this tasting for weeks and when it finally came, it did not disappoint.
To be honest, Spain is a wine region that I did not know much about until that night, and the only area I had heard of and knew was popular was Rioja. Out of all the wines we tried, I enjoyed the white wine, the Bodegas La Cana Rías Baixas, the most, but I also enjoyed all the reds.

Since that tasting I have been looking around for other Spanish wines to try so I can continue to expand what I know about the country. That is why I jumped at the opportunity to order a bottle from Ribero del Duero when my parents and I went out to dinner this past weekend. I ordered a bottle of Bodegas Emilio Moro 2006 and I really liked it. The red fruit flavors were delicious and there was a low level of tannins, which is exactly the type of wine I prefer. Even my parents loved it, which I was very happy to learn since they usually don’t like any red that isn’t a full-bodied cabernet. The red is 100% Tinto Fino and the label says it staid for 12 months in French and American oak barrels. When I got home I looked up the wine on Wine Spectator and found that it has a score of 91 and in 2009 in was the part of the Top 100 wines! For anyone who’s interested in another red wine from Ribero del Duero, then I definitely recommend Bodegas Emilio Moro Ribera del Duero 2006.

What were your favorites from the tasting? Have there been any Spanish wines you’ve tried since the tasting you want to recommend?